Monday, May 18, 2020

VIVA YO! ARRIVES IN PORT LUDLOW

It was a long journey from California on a trailer for Viva Yo!, but she's happy with her new home and the endless possibilities for discovering pristine cruising grounds.
 Viva Yo! Our Catalina 22
Viva Yo! enters Port Ludlow Bay. We've waited for this moment for months, and it feels dang good. The Bay has long stretches of beaches, clear water, and friendly folks.
Viva Yo!'s maiden PNW voyage, was a success.
She performed well under sail, as she has for 47 years.
I used to race her with my dad and brother on local lakes.
 The snow covered Olympic Mountain Range looms large.
Port Ludlow Marina
Who are those masked men?
Sailing in the Time of Coronavirus, Darrell and his friend, Mike.
My only regret, my Dad wasn't onboard.
I like to think he is happily shining down upon us. 

We cleaned Viva Yo! up, stowed her sails, and took her original outboard engine home to flush out the salt water. She has only sailed in fresh water lakes, and I have pledged to keep my Dad's Johnson 6hp outboard running smoothly. We are glad to have her safe in her new home, and look forward to lots of daysails.





No comments:

Post a Comment